Frequently Asked Questions
What you need to know today before you come in to play!
Palace Rules: Everything we do here at Nefertiti's Puppy Palace is intended to ensure that your pup has the best time in a safe environment. The following palace rules allow us to care for your pup in the best way we can.
- It is the responsibility of the pup’s owner to bring in their pup’s vaccination records from a licensed veterinarian at enrollment and when vaccines are renewed. Provided contact information, NPP is happy to acquire the forms directly from your veterinarian. The following is required for each pup:
- Proof of DHPP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvovirus and Parainfluenza) vaccination.
- Proof of Bordetella vaccination.
- Proof of Rabies vaccination.
- All shots must be administered at least seven (7) days prior to joining.
- Proof of Spay/Neuter for all pup’s six (6) months or older.
- Proof of fecal exam with a negative result.
- Pup’s must be at least five (5) months old and have full vaccine series administered at least one (1) month prior to joining.
- Pup’s must be in good health and free of parasites. If your pup has any symptoms of illness including but not limited to coughing, sneezing, wheezing, diarrhea, vomiting, lethargy, runny eyes/nose, please wait until your pup is no longer showing these symptoms before attending NPP. Pup’s who have had a confirmed illness must provide health clearance from a vet.
- Pup’s must be on some type of flea and tick preventative. In the event fleas or ticks are found on a pup, a flea bath will be administered and the owner will assume associated charges.
- Collars and I.D. tags are required on all pups.
All pups at Nefertiti’s Puppy Palace will have a Meet & Greet. This is to see which play group is best suited for your pet! We realize that some pups are not always social, so we will give them the one-on-one experience, all with lots of love from our amazing “servants of the realm”. Meet & Greet is free and appointment is required. Your pups first day of daycare, which is also free, can be used anytime after the Meet & Greet. We highly recommend you use it soon to get your furry baby used to playing with their new friends, as well as getting to know us!
Here at Nefertiti’s, we know your pup might want a snack during their play day. If your pup normally eats a mid day meal, we will set them up in one of our suites to enjoy lunch, provided by you. If you are picking up your pup a little late, dinner can be served as well.
- We recommend that you bring your pup’s own food when boarding, but this is not required. Continuing on their own food helps them avoid digestion issues that can result from switching food.
- Feeding times occur at 7:00am, 12:00pm, and 5:00pm. Please pack your pup’s food with their first and last name clearly labeled on it and instructions about how much and how often to feed your pup.
- If you do not bring your pup’s own food, we are more than happy to feed your pup our house food at an additional cost — please inquire for details.
- We also recommend bringing some extra food just in case your travel plans change. If your pup runs out of food, we will feed them our house food at your expense unless other arrangements are made.
- We have plenty of feeding bowls so it is not necessary to bring a bowl for your pup.
If you cannot pick your pup up by 7 pm, a $7 late pick up fee will be applied. We will always have room for one more wonderful furry baby to spend the night – unless other arrangements have been made with our staff. Picking up your pup after 8 pm will result in boarding fees.
We realize some of our pups might need some nap time during their busy day. We always have a cozy bed for them to lay their head. Just let one of our wonderful staff members know.
When boarding your furry baby, it’s our ultimate goal that they have all the comforts of home. We have beds and plenty of blankets to tuck every pup in at night. Keep in mind that if you sleep with your furry baby, we will too! Nefertiti’s has a beautiful bedroom with queen size beds and flat screen TV’s to watch what they like. If privacy is what your pup prefers, our suites are the way to go.
Payment is due in full at pick up. Cash, check, and all major credit cards accepted. There is a $50.00 fee for all returned checks. Pre-paid packages are non-refundable and non-transferrable upon evaluation.
- Drop off your pup at anytime you would like, and pick up before 7 pm.
- We charge per night. Pups may be dropped off whenever you like; however, we highly recommend bringing your pup in by 12:00pm so they can play off their energy with friends, both human and canine.
- Pick-up is at 12:00pm or anytime during operating hours. Your pup is more than welcome to stay longer, at which time we will apply our standard daycare rate depending on the type of booking reservation. Pups who are not picked up prior to closing will be admitted for boarding at our standard overnight rate.
- It is best to plan for boarding at least a couple weeks in advance in order to obtain services on the desired dates. We will do our best to accommodate last minute requests. We also require 24 hours notice for any boarding cancellations or a $50.00 fee will be incurred.
- During peak holiday periods, we may have a non-refundable deposit, minimum stay requirements and/or increased pricing.
- Nefertiti’s Puppy Palace does not charge an additional fee for administering medications. In order for us to be precise and thorough while giving your pup their medication(s), please ask our staff for our medication form.
- Furthermore, if your pup is taking any medications, please bring them in the original bottle and provide clear written instructions. This ensures that we can provide accurate information to a veterinarian in the event of an emergency.
- Pups must be on leash while entering and exiting the lobby as well as in the parking lot.
- For security purposes, proper photo identification may be requested for pup release.
- Please note that your pup cannot have any contagious diseases to attend NPP. If your pup is sick, we ask that you wait for at least thirty (30) days from full recovery before returning to daycare.
- We love rescues (in fact our 3 shop pups are all city shelter alumni!), however all rescue dogs must be out of the shelter system for at least thirty (30) days before enrolling at NPP. This allows them time to settle into their new environment before introducing them to a group play environment.
- Personal toys and/or belongings are for pups staying in our private suites. Cage free play areas are toy-free zones.
- Feel free to drop by and chat with us. Come by yourself, with your pup or bring a friend! We would love to personally show you why we offer the best dog daycare and boarding experience. We take pride in presenting a safe, friendly and clean environment.
- NPP prices, policies, services, and hours are subject to availability and can change without notice.